Since the first edition in 1983, Unpuzzling Your Past has helped thousands
of genealogists start collecting and preserving their family history or
refreshing and honing their research skills. A practical guide for teachers
and students alike, Unpuzzling is a popular textbook for genealogy classes,
including the class of the same name online at Barnes and Noble University.com.
Carrying on the tradition of the first edition, the fourth edition includes:
- aids for interviewing relatives and gathering data from family sources
- comprehensive information on using federal census records
- guide to cemetery, newspaper, and courthouse research and use of
state and federal records of many kinds
- illustrations, research examples, and an in-depth case study
- useful forms, including federal census extraction forms for 1790
through 1930 censuses and a unique family group sheet that encourages
documentation of data
- a chapter on handwriting of the past
- reference lists, bibliographies, glossary, relationship chart
Cincinnati: Betterway Books, 2001. 4th ed. 284 pages, softbound.
$18.99 retail. ISBN 1-55870-556-2.
Purchase from http://www.familytreemagazine.com/store/